Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup
A heavenly vegan broccoli soup that is surprisingly creamy with a garlicy twist.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 10 cloves garlic 1 bulb
- 4 cups broccoli frozen florets
- 1.75 cups great northern beans 1 can
- 3 small yukon gold potatoes
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp white miso
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp broth concentrate Better Than Bouillon
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ground
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
Roast the Garlic
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut off the top of the garlic bulb with a chef's knife. Wrap the garlic with foil, leaving the top open. Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the garlic bulb and close the top of the foil.
Place the garlic on top of a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
After the garlic cools, squeeze the individual cloves out of the bulb into a bowl.
Make the Soup
Add all soup ingredients except salt and pepper to pressure cooker. Don't forget the water!
Close the pressure cooker and set the vent to sealing.
Cook for 3 minutes on high pressure.
Allow natural pressure release for 10 minutes and then open the vent to release the last of the pressure. Carefully open the lid and set aside.
Puree the soup using an immersion blender in the pressure cooker or transfer to a blender to puree.
Add pepper and taste. If salt is needed, add to your taste.
If you would like to make this recipe without a pressure cooker, here's how you do it.
- Roast the garlic.
- Cut potatoes into small cubes, about 1".
- Add all ingredients except pepper and salt to a large soup pot.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until broccoli and potatoes are completely tender, about 10-15 minutes, stirring often.
- Blend soup with immersion blender or in blender.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 742mg | Potassium: 687mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 748IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 4mg