Bariatric Ricotta Bake (this one's vegan)
This is an amazingly creamy and cheesy vegan bariatric ricotta bake. The classic recipe, but vegan!
Servings 4 servings
- 14 oz soft tofu 1 block
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 tbsp marinara sauce smooth or pureed
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
Blend the tofu in a food processor with the miso, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil until it is smooth.
Add the nutritional yeast. Blend until incorporated. Taste for salt. Add the salt if you think the flavor needs it. Blend again if you added the salt.
Spray 4 small cups or ramekins with oil. Evenly distribute the tofu mixture. Top with marinara.
Bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cook 5 minutes before digging in!
- If you don't have nutritional yeast, you can try it without, but you should know that it won't be as cheesy and will have less protein.
- You can try this recipe with different textures of tofu, firm tofu may make the recipe more crumbly and silken tofu may make the recipe more like a pudding.
- This recipe works great for the pureed diet stage, but is delicious enough to keep eating it even after you're done with being required to eat pureed food!
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 473mg | Potassium: 436mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 145IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg