Silken Tofu Scramble
A delicious tofu scramble with a delightful and easy to tolerate soft texture.
Servings 2 servings
- 0.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12.3 ounces firm silken tofu 1 block
- 1.5 tsp ground cumin
- 0.5 tsp thyme dried
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- 0.25 tsp turmeric
- 0.5 tsp onion powder
- 0.5 tsp garlic powder
- 0.125 tsp black salt kala namak
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2-4 tbsp water
Put your skillet over medium-low heat. Add the extra-virgin olive oil and crumble the silken tofu into the pan. It's okay if the tofu is in large chunks; it will break up more as you cook it. Sauté the tofu for about 10 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
Pour in your spices and salts and stir around for about 30 seconds.
Add the lemon juice and stir more.
Pour in the nutritional yeast and stir the scramble more.
Add the water. Start with 2 tablespoons and add more if it looks like it needs more moisture. Cook for another minute or two.
Recipe inspired by the scrambled tofu recipe in Vegan With A Vengeance by: Isa Chandra Moskowitz
- To make suitable for the pureed diet stage: After cooking, add the tofu scramble to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- This recipe is suitable for the soft diet stage and beyond as is.
- If you would like to add in vegetables while cooking, add aromatics like onions and garlic along with the tofu. Add other vegetables after cooking the tofu for about 5 minutes.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 491mg | Potassium: 473mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 289IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 4mg